Women Money & Power
For women, money and power go way beyond earning a living and having the means to buy things. It’s about taking control of one’s life and securing one’s future…and one’s family’s future…by thoroughly understanding financial planning, retirement strategies, and investment options.
Smart Investing for Women
To answer the unique investment challenges faced by women today, we’re pleased to present Women Money & Power (www.womenmoneyandpower.com). Our site explores ideas and strategies designed to help women attain long-term financial security, especially when it comes to answering an increasing demand for guaranteed lifetime income in retirement.
Women Money & Power offers an informative and, oftentimes, irreverent approach to personal investment education. Covering a wide variety of topics, the blog site has something for women of all ages, from GEN-X and GEN-Y just starting their investment planning to baby boomer women ready to enjoy their retirement years.
Eye-opening facts and statistics show that women need to be as proactive as possible in taking control of their finances and retirement planning. According to the United States Department of Labor:
- Women are more likely to work in part-time jobs that don’t qualify for a retirement plan.
- Workingwomen are more likely than men to interrupt their careers to take care of family members. Therefore, they work fewer years and contribute less toward their retirement, resulting in lower lifetime savings.
- Of the 62 million wage and salaried women (age 21 to 64) working in the United States, just 45 percent participated in a retirement plan.
- On average, a female retiring at age 65 can expect to live another 19 years, 3 years longer than a man retiring at the same age. Savings can increase a woman’s chances of having enough money to last during her retirement.
- By and large, women invest more conservatively than men so it’s imperative that they choose carefully where they put their money and learn how to improve their investment returns.
For women, knowledge is power, and it is critical for achieving retirement security. We invite you to follow us for more information: